Sunday, March 21, 2010

church day

The hardest thing I have to do on sunday is go to church alone. Its no biggie deal to get ready or fix my hair, but sitting by myself is such a hard thing. I have my kids with me on most weekends, but on the third and fifth weekends.. I am just me.  And today is the third weekend.  So, what does one do all alone on a bench where a family used to sit? I read, I text, I listen to the speaker, I cry.. a lot. Divorce is NOT a fun thing.  It is hard. it is lonely and it tears you apart at the very core... I am strong though. I have made it a year with no dark thoughts and no attempts at anything too wild and crazy.  I am becoming the person I need to be.  I have learned so much this year, and have struggled like I am sure all of you have at times. It makes you think about who you are, who you want to become and how to get there.  I will get there, just have to wade through the garbage first... and sit on a bench alone, but just for one hour...

No comments:

Post a Comment