Saturday, November 7, 2009

the simple life.. where are you??

I had all the intentions of having a simple life.. I work so hard to keep the drama to a minimum and yet somehow I feel so overwhelmed. I feel like I am dropping the ball.. so many things are out of my control and there is nothing I can do about it... to get it back in balance..





I love my kids so much and today I was listening to Hillary Weeks (she is my favorite) song... if I only had today... and I started sobbing uncontrollably.. It made me realize how precious they are and at what a tender age this is.. what a tender time this is.. for all of us.. there is a part of the song that says..






I would hold you and listen.. I would let the dishes sit in the sink.. tell you I love you over and over.. and for once I would let the phone ring..






every time that part of the song played.. the sobbing would get crazy.. so I know I need topay more attention to them.. my heart says so..






**new goal for the week.. hold them and listen.. listen to whatever it is they might say.. silly or funny or sad.. just listen and smile and let them know that I love them so much!!.. because I really do...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post.....such a good reminder to me. I love Hillary Weeks songs too. It is a hard balance to find, if you discover the secret to it let me know. Love ya! Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! Wish I had done less dishes and more hugging too. Sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete